Aug 2, 2009

A Shade in His Character

August is here! To celebrate the publication of my second novel, Bargain with the Devil, a Pride and Prejudice what-if story, I will be concentrating on my love of Jane Austen's works.

Hope you will join in to share your view too.

In this post, I'm going to talk about the inspiration of my novel.

When I read Pride and Prejudice, a lot of what-if scenarios came up. What if Mr. Darcy told the people in Meryton about Wickham's infamous behaviour, would Lydia Bennet still have eloped?

What if Elizabeth Bennet asked Mr. Darcy's help to find Lydia just a few days after the disastrous proposal while he was still angry with her, would he have asked her to be his mistress in exchange for his help?

This brilliant what-if scenario, which my novel based on, was devised by Lavender Girl in A Shade of His Character. The story is not yet finished and I am forever in hope that she will finish it one day, even though I have taken her plot to another direction.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My photo
I'm the author of The Spinster's Vow, My Darcy Vibrates, Every Savage Can Reproduce, Chemical Fusion, My Darcy Mutates, Really Angelic, Bargain with the Devil, In Quest of Theta Magic and Fire and Cross. My novels have been ranked in the top 50 best-selling romances on Amazon USA or Canada. I write sexy romance in modern, historical, paranormal and science fiction genres. I love food, Pride and Prejudice, travel and tennis. With a Masters degree in Arts, I work in advertising and live in beautiful Sydney. Sounds too tame? You can read my wild stories at steamydarcy.com

Followers